This year, we had some of the best presents we’ve ever had for Christmas. They weren’t really expensive or really fancy, but they fit the intended person just right. I know you want the run-down, so here is the list of the best presents:
- I wrote a while back that we were remodeling our bedroom. We did it mostly because for Christmas, Rebecca moved into our room. She is getting older and it will encourage her to act older and more mature if she thinks of herself as one of the ‘big’ girls, instead of a little kid. We painted and completely rearranged the whole room and none of the younger ones saw it till yesterday. Over Becca’s bed we painted a big letter ‘R’ with a tiara on it, complete with sequins. She was so surprised and thrilled. She spent practically all day in her new room.
- Bethany and David still share a room. They’re young and don’t care. So, in their room we put up a canopy over Bethany’s bed. She has the top bunk and we fixed these lacy curtains to the ceiling and they hang over her head. She LOVED it- she’s such a girly girl!
- We also hung curtains (not lace ones) around David’s bed so it’s like a tent in there. He was so excited!
- For Mom we got a set of non-stick pots and pans. It is an 18 piece set and SHE spent last night figuring where to put them. It was a great gift for her, AND they were FREE! My Dad’s work does this safety drawing if you are accident-free and he won this set- which is what we wanted to get Mom anyway!
- We got Dad a HDMI cord that hooks our laptop to the TV. We had an old one, but it always messed up the computer, so the new one is wonderful.
- David got lots of presents but he’s so easily pleased that all of his were great 🙂
- Of course, Caroline got the video posted for her.
- And me? I got what I wanted most: a Mp3 player for when I run. Ahhhh….I love it.
Of course, there were lots of other gifts given and many of them were wonderful as well. These here were just the best ones. We’ve never had a Christmas like this before. There were many presents that couldn’t be unwrapped, like the bedrooms and the video. But they fit. Everyone agreed that this was our best Christmas